Photobucket

Saturday, May 24, 2008

I'm growing!


HI there!! I'm really glad to see you!
I'm 4 days old now, and some good things have happened and some bad things.

The bad things aren't too bad, so don't worry.







They now have me in a tanning bed! I should be ready for the summer sun by the time I finish soakin' up the rays in here!

It's because I have a slight case of jaundice, which many newborns get. But hey, I still get to sleep with nearly nothing on and I stay pretty warm in here too.




I can hang in here for a while. Matter of fact, the doc says I should be out by tomorrow. That's cool.

Mom comes to the hospital as much as she can to visit with me. She's always bringing some special milk that I drink.
And speaking of milk, I drank more today then I have since I was born!
Check me out, drinking away!

I'm almost done with this bottle, and getting tired.



Drinking is hard work!





I enjoy these times with mom. It's very special to me. I can hear her voice, and I KNOW she's someone pretty special!

Oh, here's the other 'bad' thing. The tube.


Since I get so tired when I eat, I just wasn't eating much. (before today that is!)

So the doctor thought it best if they go ahead and put a feeding tube in there so that they can give me what I don't get.
I don't use it all the time, but they want me to drink a certain amount so I'll gain weight.
If I don't drink enough on my own, before I fall asleep, they finish it up with the feeding tube.
It's ok, I'm used to it now. They put it in late last night, and that could be gone as early as Monday too! (Specially if I keep drinking like I did this morning!)

I can't wait to go home, and if I keep improving like I am, Wednesday is a sure day! Even the doc said so this morning. This is a good thing, because I think I'm ready for my own bed. (this is the third bed I've been in at this hotel!)





I do get tired really quick, so I sleep alot, particularly after I eat..and well, since that's what I just did, I guess I'll have to say goodnight for now.

Maybe you'll come visit me again. Soon!











NIGHT NIGHT!!




No comments: